Mr. Rafeeq Rahim has assumed charge as the new Principal of Shantiniketan Indian School, Doha Qatar, effective from 28 May 2023. Mr. Rafeeq possesses 22 years of experience in educational leadership and operational management. He has worked in eminent educational institutions such as Al Majd Indian School, and The New Indian School, in the UAE.
Mr. Rafeeq Rahim holds a Master’s Degree in English and a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Calicut University, and K-TET (Category III) from Government of Kerala, India. He also holds a Secondary Degree in Arabic Language.
Accolades / Achievements of Mr. Rafeeq:
● Mr. Rafeeq Rahim received a Certificate of Appreciation from KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority under the Ministry of Education, UAE (2011),
● Certificate of Appreciation from the Ministry of Education through the National and International Assessments Directorate for PISA (OECD – 2018),
● Certificate of Appreciation from the Assessment Department under the Ministry of Education, UAE for successful administration of PIRLS (2016),
● Certificate of Appreciation from ACER (Australian Council for Education Research) for IBT (International Benchmark Tests),
● Certificate of Participation from the United Nations Office for SDG Lessons,
● Certificate of Appreciation by the Indian Consulate for voluntary service during the Amnesty Period and granting privilege to intervene in the welfare services to the Indian expatriates.
● He was also recognized by Human Appeal International for displaying charitable endeavors for the welfare of the needy and he received Special awards from Dubai Police Department for his sincere efforts to Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Sports and Physical Fitness Program.
Mr. Rasheed Ahmed, the President of Shantiniketan Indian School, expressed a warm welcome and congratulated the new Principal, Mr. Rafeeq Rahim on his joining the SIS family.